Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Torturing the Folks...and other Holiday Notions

You know how Lady Gaga refers to all her Twitter readers as "little monsters"?  It made me wonder what she would call the wonderful people who have been diligently reading this blog.  Since the band will be playing at Renn Faires, I guess that narrows down the themes she could draw from.  So far I've come up with "Sparkly Unicorns" and "Zesty Dragons".



So... hello my zesty dragons.  wasup? thnks 4 reading.

Okay, not capitalizing words makes me twitch.  As does calling people zesty dragons or any other mythological creature.  And to our 8 fans (ok... 5 if you don't count us), you make us feel like rock-stars.  We appreciate you.  And Charlie, thanks for commenting on our posts.  We really like comments.

Sorry we haven't been posting much this past week.  It's Christmas break, so we're all spending time with our families and friends.  Don't worry, along with re-reading the first Dragonlance series and stuffing myself with mom's homemade candy, I've been diligently practicing my penny whistle (P.S I found the Dragonlance books used at this hippie town in Cleveland for $1.50 each.  They smell like incense! Ahem.  Anyway.).  At first I was a little timid, terrified that I'd get mercilessly made fun of (which is a bit sad, since I'm the oldest and should be the one doing the teasing, not the other way around).  But I've grown more bold and now play in the piano room.  Speaking of pianos, my parents own this beautiful Steinway and I've been practicing some of our songs, learning the melodies and picking out some of the harmonies. 

I told one of my brothers what we've been concocting (the one who's old enough to keep a secret).  I think my boldness comes from his approval  and support.  Now, if I can find a way to tell my dad... at the moment, the plan is to get hired by a few venues first and then tell him.  He's been taking me to Renn Faires since I was six, so I'm hoping he'll be as excited as I am...rather than the voice of reason. 

I did apply to summer jobs in Alaska, so if everything falls apart, I could still see remote regions of the country while working for minimal wage!  Yes!  Win win!

Don't worry, starlings, we have some Christmas presents tucked in our long, flowing sleeves just for you.  Pepper is in CA with her new harp and hopes to upload some footage.  I've been memorizing a jig for my penny whistle, so I might play that for ya'll...and maybe sing a song.  Aspen is in New York, so maybe I'll bug her with a text and get her to write another post :)  Until then, here, listen to some actual musicians.
It's going to be legend--wait for it--

Jaenelle

3 comments:

  1. The parents don't know? Ha ha ha... I think they'll approve.

    And how can I not comment? I'm super jealous and trying to live vicariously through all of you. RenFest FTW.

    Good luck with the penny whistle. You're going to sing, too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "starlings" that means we are dark, flighty, a bit raucous and always ready for a party. We are also hard to get rid of. :) Penny Whistles Forever! Huzzah. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'll be singing too.

    And I like starlings too. lol

    Jaenelle

    ReplyDelete